Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Back at Busch Gardens!

This Spring I find myself once again at Busch Gardens, VA and I am lucky to be the lead singer for the Killarney Village Band. We perform classic Irish Jigs and Reels while interacting with guest in the park.


It has been such a great opportunity for me to learn another style of music. The rehearsal process was like none other I have been apart of, as the only singer, we all sat in a large circle and learned it as a large ensemble. The band is comprised of two guitar players, one floutest, and a fiddle player. We were all new to this style of music so it was a learning process for all. When we are performing for guest we interact with Irish accents, needless to say it has certainly slipped into our regular conversations by accident.

I am hoping to add more videos of our band on youtube but luckily someone posted "we're on the one road", check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment